6/18/09

Live! From Seattle!

...Okay, so I'm not in Seattle. I'm definitely not in Seattle. But living on Long Island these days definitely FEELS like living in Seattle. Shit, we're getting more rain than anything. I can say now, with a straight face, that I no longer have any desire to live in Seattle, or Aberdeen, or anywhere in Washington that has this much precipitation.

A funny thing has happened though. For the first like... 2 weeks of this depressive rain cycle, I was getting like... REALLY depressed during the week. Then the rain would clear up for the weekend, and everything would be fine. But this week, the rain isn't depressing me as much. It's like I've gotten used to it or something. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I just had a crazy thought though. What if this rain causes the grunge revival to happen on Long Island? Crappy emo kids would vanish, music would get infinitely better, and the Long Island music scene would have a rebirth.

That, my friends... That is the nicest thought I've had in a while.

----------------
Now playing: Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
via FoxyTunes

No comments: