12/2/08

IMACORNBALL.

This is life, right? Things go well. Things go horribly. You feel good, eventually... you feel shitty again. But oh! Eventually, you feel good again. What I'm saying is that what goes up must come down; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction; and that when life gives you lemons... make some lemonchello and get drunk off your ass to ignore the pain. ...I'm kidding. The adage says to make some lemonade and get over it. You'll be fine. And I know, I'm really preaching to the choir with this one, but for as bad as I think I've got it sometimes... Well, fuck... I've got it pretty damn good.

Lately, I've been pretty down on myself. For whatever reason, I felt inadequate. I wasn't good enough, and I wasn't worth peoples time. I felt like I didn't deserve praise and like trying harder for it was an uphill battle because there would always be someone better than me at whatever it was I was trying to do. School felt tedious because I felt stupid and like it was a waste of my time to be there. I never really told anyone about anything because then I'd really be pathetic. Just bitching about my lame life made me lower than I already was. Why even bother?

So, as I hope you know, when your body is under a significant amount of stress... your body becomes taxed as well. Your immune system lets up it's guard. You're susceptible to getting sick... and I did. Oh, did I get sick. I mean, it wasn't anything life threatening, and it definitely wasn't the worst cold I've ever had... But the sickness and the stress just piled up on me and I did the only thing I could do. Sleep. I slept quite a bit. But as sick as I was feeling, I started to feel a little better because of the love I was getting from some pretty special people in my life. I seriously believe that if it weren't for Cory and Sam, I would probably STILL be sick.

The whole time I was sick, Sam would check up on me. See how I was feeling, see if I wanted to do anything, invited me and Nit to have dinner with her and Nort, dealt with me being a moody sick person. And as much as I want to beat the living shit out of her sometimes... I wouldn't be able to do half the shit I do without her. I've been through basically everything with this bitch, and I'm damn sure we'll always be up each other's asses. Couldn't ask for a better cousin. So yeah, if you end up reading this -- GOOSE LOVES YOU, FEETA!

And Cory. Well. I could go on and on about how amazing he is, and how much I love him for being him, and blah blah blah... but I'm just a zebra... And honestly, however long this blog lasts -- there will probably be about 600 more entries about just that. Because he is just that amazing, and --oh, damn. There I go again. Oops! :) Thing is, he deserves it, and doesn't realize that he does. Which is kind of a bummer, but I'm working on it! ANEHWAY, he deals with some crazy shit from me. (Including me being doped up on nyquil and alleging that I was a zebra for an entire hour before I passed out.) He's amazing, and I love him. Very much.

But yeah. The whole point of this long winded "rant" on absolutely nothing, is that why be down, when you have some amazing people around you? And the amazing-ness doesn't stop with Sam and Cory. I have got some other AMAZING friends. People that will support me, and make me feel good about myself no matter what. Sometimes, I lose sight of that... But they're always there for me -- when things are amazing, and especially when they're shitty. I mean... this is life, right? Yeah, and I've got it pretty damn good.

Okay, that was really gay. I've been reading too many Jodi Picoult books. :/


IN OTHER NEWS:
Cory's coming to stay with us after Christmas. I'm excited and terrified, because this means he's gonna have to meet at least SOME of my family. Fuuuck. Oh well. The excitement is overruling the terror, at least for now. Haha.

Kay, I'm done.

No comments: