12/31/09

Delivering a Kick to the Nuts of 2009

Kay, so that stupid allergic reaction is gone, but now my lips are chapped as hell, and I have to apply chapstick (100% natural lip butter... pfft.) like an addict. /sigh. SO ANNOYING.

Today I had pre-op testing for my surgery that's in a week. Lots of waiting around, answering questions, and being poked and prodded. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So no complaints from me. My only issue with the whole thing was the snow that I had to travel through to get to the hospital. Seriously, Mother Nature? ::grumble grumble::

...ANYWAY! It's New Year's Eve!! Time to kick 2009 in the nuts and usher in 2010. Twenty-ten. Two-oh-One-oh. Otherwise known as: The Year of WIN.

Plans for 2010:
» Aesthetic make-overs galore. It's about time I make myself happy with myself. Ya digg?
» Get my CNA certification.
» Get a CNA job at a hospital or nursing/rehab facility.

Anything more than those three things I listed are just extra. Like, it'd be nice to get myself a car, go on a nice vacation, or I don't know... be in a decent relationship? Lol. But my MAIN focus is making myself happy. I can let those opportunities find me along the way. And if they don't? ...No biggie. So um... I guess here's where I talk about my resolutions?

In 2010 I will...
» Take more chances. I'm also going to stop wasting time making decisions that don't benefit ME, but rather spare the feelings of others. 2010 is about LAUREN.
» Stop worrying so much. I spent SO much time in 2009 worrying about "what-if". In 2010, the what-if's are gone. It's not healthy to worry about dumb shit.
» Stop taking things to heart. I spent a lot of 2009 being sore about guys that made me feel like shit about myself, because they didn't like me. I know I have my self loathing moments, but for what it's worth, I like myself. In 2010, no one is gonna make me feel like shit about myself.

There's definitely more than that, but who knows if I'll even stick to those?

Either way, I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year. PLEASE BE SAFE.
<3 Laurasaur

PS:
»» I TOTES JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH CaptainValor ON YOUTUBE ««
Go check out his stuff. It's all in ASL, but the songs he translates are fuckin amazing. AND if you're an ASL nerd like I am (which you're probably not) he also posts the glosses to his English>ASL interpretation videos. It's very convenient for fellow interpreters.

TIS ALL.

HAPPY almostNEW YEAR!!!


----------------
Now Playing: Hellogoodbye - Oh, It Is Love

No comments: