1/22/09

Delivering a kick to the nuts of the Spring 09 Semester.

School started on Tuesday. On my list this semester: English 102, American Sign Language 2, Understanding Criminal Behavior, American History, and Child Development. I thought I made a mistake by only taking 5 classes, but considering the work load I'll have from these classes... 5 was most likely the better choice.

I haven't been to Child Development yet, because it's a 3 hour class that I have on Mondays only. All the teachers I've met so far seem nice, though. My American History professor seems kind of... rigid. She wants everything done a certain way. I mean, I understand that completely -- we're in college, it's to be expected -- however, I wish she would have been a little more clear on certain things. Also, it would have been nice to not have an 8 page syllabus to read through. Oh well. Such is life.

Today was stupid. I was creeped out by some weird guy at the bus stop. I got lunch before work with Amanda and Wei and it made me nauseous throughout the work day. I was not a happy camper. And then when I got home, every attempt I made to do my homework was interrupted. I even interrupted myself by realizing I had to go get a metrocard. Stupid Laur.

Aside from that, Cory has some stuff on his mind, and I feel bad because there's nothing I can do. It's excruciating to watch someone you love be miserable, and know that there isn't a damn thing you can do to help them out of their rut. I fucking hate it. I hate seeing him like this. I'd do anything for all of this shit to not be happening to him. -sigh-

I wish I had magic powers. I wish I could fly. I'd fly to Missouri, give Cory the biggest hug ever, and then use my magic to right all the wrongs in his life. Then, maybe, I wouldn't feel so useless.

...Go on, tell me: "Lauren, you're nuts."

----------------
Now playing: Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
via FoxyTunes

No comments: